Who we are
CAPEC is a non-governmental, not for profit organization, working in Cameroon with Reg. No: G39/014/5/252. Since its inception in 2002, the organization has been working with children/youths, parents, government bodies and intergovernmental bodies in the promotion of community welfare. It works to identify the needs of the child especially the rural child/youths, the underprivileged and the weaker section of the society through participatory approach.
- Protect and make known the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child through education
- Assist the needy child irrespective of tribe, origin, sex or religion, in the domain of social welfare
- Protect the child from sexual exploitation, child labour and forced child marriage
- Assist children in prisons, orphanages, centers for the disabled and street children
- Organize youth leadership training and youth exchange programs
- Actively take part in the prevention of HIV/AIDS especially in children/youths and women
CAPEC’s Mission : To promote human values through advocacy and community out-reach programs, Girl Child Enhancement Programs (GCEP), basic non-formal/formal education and vocational skills training initiatives for vulnerable children and out-of-school youth in view of building a sustainable community with improved standards of living. The main objective being to enhance their opportunities to realize their full potential and capabilities
Vision CAPEC’s vision is of a world in which all children realize their full potential in societies that respect people’s rights and dignity.
Funding Promise: 100% Efficient Every franc you give to CAPEC goes to the program you designate. CAPEC is 100% efficient. It’s great to share. Your donation enables us to keep on helping the vulnerable and needy children in Cameroon. CAPEC is entirely self-funding through donations from private individuals, foundations, and businesses, both large and small.